I’m a big sandwich fan… I mean it’s deliciousness between bread! Today on the HGG Cooking Show I’m sharing how to make 3 yummy plant-based sandwiches with Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted breads! I am often asked what brand of bread I buy when I make sandwiches, avocado toast, peanut butter toast and so forth! Alvarado Street Bakery is one of my favorites and I share more about why I love their bread and bagels in today’s new video. If you’re a sandwich fan like me you’re going to want to watch!!
Super Green SandwichPrint Recipe
- 2 slice of bread
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can 15-ounce chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- Cucumber as many slices as you'd like
- Sprouts as much as you'd like! I use about 2 tablespoons
- In a medium size bowl add one can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed.
- Next, add one whole avocado and mash together.
- Then add a ¼ cup of diced onion and a heavy pinch of salt and mash together one more time.
- In a small dish mix together 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Next you’ll need 2 slices of sprouted Wheat and Oats bread.
- Drizzle or brush on the oil/lemon mixture.
- Then layer with romaine, your chickpea avocado mash, micro-greens, cucumber and enjoy!
PBCJ: Peanut Butter & Chia JellyPrint Recipe
- 2 slices Alvarado Street Bakery's sprouted 100% whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- First, add 2 cups of blueberries and two tablespoons of water into a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small jar and add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, place on a tight lid and shake until well combined.
- Let set in the in the fridge for at least an hour and you’ll have jam!
- Then using two slices of Sprouted 100% Whole-Wheat bread, create your PB & C J!
Toasted Open Face Pesto & Tomato SandwichPrint Recipe
- 2 slices Alvarado Street Bakery Sprouted Sonoma bread
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of basil
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup raw unsalted almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 - 3 thick slices of heirloom tomato
- In a food processor add ½ cup of raw unsalted almonds and pulse until well chopped.
- Add 1 cup of basil, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and sea salt. Pulse together again until creamy.
- Top Sprouted Sonoma Bread with pesto and thick slices of fresh heirloom tomato.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add one teaspoon of coconut oil. When the oil is hot, add your open face sandwiches & cook until the bottom of the bread is crispy.
Disclosure: This video is sponsored by Alvarado Street Bakery. All opinions stated are my own. At Healthy Grocery Girl, we only partner with brands and products we love, genuinely enjoy, use and want you to know about! Sponsors support Healthy Grocery Girl so that we can continue to create & provide videos that are free for our community to enjoy.