I adore pesto. Pesto feels decadent however with the right ingredients it’s an absolutely healthy and nutritious sauce or spread. Today I’m sharing how to make a vegan pesto with almonds and spinach. Then we’ll top this sauce on to fresh zucchini noodles! This is a fantastic lunch or dinner idea, especially with warm weather right around the corner. Watch today’s NEW cooking video to see how I prepare this dish and view / or print the recipe below! Thanks for stopping by the HGG Blog today! I hope you have a fantastic, delicious day! xx Megan
Vegan Pesto & Zucchini Noodles
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 cups of spinach
- 4 to 5 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 cup of raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of organic virgin olive oil more for a creamier consistency
- Pinch of sea salt
- Wash and then slice the ends off of each zucchini
- Slice zucchini in half and then place on spiralizer to make "noodles"
- To make pesto add spinach, olive oil, almonds, garlic, lemon juice and sea salt into a food processor and pulse together until evenly combined
- Dollop pesto on zucchini noodles and enjoy!
I like to buy my roasted garlic from the olive bar at Whole Foods Market