BBQ Pineapple Veggie Tacos
Summer 2020 looks so different from years past due to cancelled trips, staying home and seeing less of friends and family.
What I love about creating + eating delicious recipes is that food has the ability to add joy and fun to our day. This year with staycation on the mind I wanted to make a recipe that felt like summer and brought some extra happiness to our day! So I came up with these BBQ Pineapple Tacos which remind me of when I was on my honeymoon! My husband and I found this little cafe with the most delicious tacos while we were in Maui. We ended up eating at that taco cafe almost every day they were so good! So I’m bringing a little taste of vacation home with me today with this tasty recipe. Paired with some Jack Johnson music, a glass of sparkling water and lots of summer sunshine and it almost feels like on vacation – in my own kitchen!
One of my go-to favorites for quick, healthy meals are Hilary’s veggie burgers. I have been a fan of Hilary’s for years. They not only taste delicious and are nutritious, they are incredibly versatile! I love to dice a cooked veggie patty and add to tacos, burritos, spaghetti sauce, top on salads or bowls and the list goes on. My toddler also loves these burgers!
Hilary’s makes delicious, nutritious, plant-based foods that are free from common allergens. The term “free-from” lets you know what you won’t find in their food such as – no wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, eggs, corn, or nuts. What I also love about Hilary’s is that their products are also made with wholesome, real ingredients such as millet, Cooked Whole Grain Millet, Kale, Sweet Potato, Flaxseeds, Sea Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Dried Onion, Granulated Garlic… and more.
You can find Hilary’s in the frozen aisle at retailers nationwide such as Whole Foods, Sprouts Farmers Market, Natural Grocers, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Wegman’s, Raleys and more! Plus, Hilary’s is now available to order online, and can be delivered to your door if your zip code is within our eligible shipping zone. Visit the Hilary’s “Shop” page to see if products can be shipped directly to you!
So now let’s get to our recipe!
BBQ Pineapple Veggie TacosPrint Recipe
- 2 Hilary’s Organic World’s Best Veggie Burger patties chopped
- 1 cup diced grilled pineapple
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 6 inch soft tortillas of choice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon 100% real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, add the two Hilary’s veggie patties to a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, remove and chop, place back on the cookie sheet and in the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- While the veggie patties are baking, prepare the remaining ingredients; shred the cabbage and dice the pineapple, red onion and fresh cilantro.
- Warm the tortillas if needed and make your homemade BBQ sauce.
- To make the homemade BBQ sauce, add the ketchup, mustard, maple syrup and worcestershire sauce to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Once the veggie patties are done, add all the fixins to the taco shells, drizzle with BBQ sauce and enjoy!