Happy Thursday Friends! With the Holidays just around the corner I am sure you are busy planning your Holiday menus and today I have some delicious recipe ideas to share with you! A big thanks to DRY Sparkling for partnering with us for today’s video & post! DRY makes delicious sparkling sodas that pair great with food & so today you’ll see just how to do that! DRY also just released a new flavor that I’m loving, Fuji Apple! You can learn more about DRY Sparkling here.
DRY SPARKLING HIGHLIGHTS
- DRY’s main differentiator is their culinary flavors! They offer nine flavors and each is true to the extract or essence of the natural fruit, flower or herb.
- DRY Sparkling has just four simple ingredients and all varieties are Non-GMO project verified, sodium-free, gluten-free and OU Kosher Certified. They use nothing artificial!
- DRY Sparkling is less than half as sweet as most juices or traditional sodas. Sweetness actually varies by flavor to ensure it’s balanced.
- DRY is great as a light refreshment on its own, paired with a meal or mixed into a cocktail!
Starter: Mini Sweet Potato Rounds with Vegan Ricotta Cheese & Cinnamon WalnutsPrint Recipe
- 2 long slender sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons fresh arugula
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package of vegan ricotta cheese
- Fuji Apple DRY Sparkling Soda
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Then wash, dry and slice the sweet potatoes into half inch rounds. Coat the sweet potatos with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and spread evenly on a baking sheet
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes and flip halfway through
- Meanwhile, crush the walnuts and mix with sugar, cinnamon & 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Spread out on a baking sheet using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- Roast on the top shelf in the oven with the sweet potatoes for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Watch carefully to prevent burning
- When the sweet potatoes are done, let cool slightly and top each round with vegan ricotta cheese, arugula and and candied cinnamon walnuts
- Pair with Fuji Apple DRY Sparkling Soda!
Main: Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice, Rosemary & ThymePrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium acorn squash halved down the middle, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can lentils
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- Lavender DRY Sparkling Soda
- First preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Then, add wild rice to a small pot with water, salt, pepper and minced rosemary, thyme & garlic
- Bring to a boil, then top with a lid and drop the heat to low
- Simmer for 30 minutes, then turn off the burner and let the rice sit for 10 minutes before removing the lid
- While the rice cooks, halve the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds, lightly coat with oil and roast on a baking sheet, flesh side down for 30 minutes
- When the rice is finished, add the bell peppers and lentils & fluff together
- Fill the acorn squash with the rice mixture and serve while everything is still hot, or save for later and re-heat
- Pair with Lavender DRY Sparkling Soda
Dessert: Coconut Ice-Cream Floats with Blood Orange or Cucumber DRY Sparkling SodaPrint Recipe
- Blood Orange DRY Sparkling Soda
- Or Cucumber DRY Sparkling Sodas
- Vanilla or plain coconut ice-cream
- Add 2- 3 scoops of coconut ice-cream to a glass
- Slowly fill with Blood Orange or Cucumber flavor DRY Sparkling Soda. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Thank you to DRY Sparkling for sponsoring this post & video!