Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog!
If you’re on the path to healthier eating you may find yourself craving a healthier version of a comforting treat, like a muffin! These zucchini muffins are vegan and gluten-free! They also are packed with zucchini which contains potassium, a heart healthy minerals that can help reduce blood pressure. Zucchini also contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help support a strong immune system. Zucchini is also packed with fiber! Fiber is a key nutrient for supporting a healthy digestive system as well as feeling full & satisfied. That’s just the beginning! There are so many great benefits to Zucchini!
Zucchini Muffins | Gluten-Free & VeganPrint Recipe
- 1 and ½ cup of grated zucchini
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate zucchini and gently wring out excess water in a cloth or paper towel.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and mix together.
- In a separate small bowl add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds and 6 tablespoons of water, stir & let set for 3 minutes to create a “flax egg”.
- In a blender add peeled bananas, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil and almond milk. Blend until creamy.
- Pour wet ingredients from the blender and the flax egg into dry ingredients & mix together.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Evenly add batter to a muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying! Top with coconut butter, nut or seed butters!
GLUTEN-FREE FLOURS: Feel free to play with different gluten-free flours for this recipe such as almond flour, chickpea flour or hazelnut flour. Just be aware that gluten-free flours can be tricky & the recipe may turn out different when using different flours.
SWITCH IT UP! Feel free to use different fruits & veggies in this recipe such as carrots or even diced apple! This recipe would also be good with added nuts such as walnuts or chopped almonds!
BAKEWARE: I love using silicone bakeware because you don’t have to grease the pan, the muffins pop out easily & the clean up is a breeze!