Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I’m sharing 3 easy recipes made with fresh Kitchen Garden ingredients! I recently shared with you 2 DIY tips for growing a successful kitchen garden. If you missed that video you can watch it here!
We love to eat local ingredients & you can’t get more local than a backyard kitchen garden! With sponsor Miracle Gro, I’m sharing 3 easy recipes featuring fresh ingredients from the garden such as a Garden Nourish Salad, a Carrot Ginger Smoothie & an easy Basil Coconut Soup! If you follow Healthy Grocery Girl on Instagram you’ve seen me post these types of recipes often – smoothies, soups & salads! All of the ingredients I’m using in today’s recipes are also easy to grow in your own kitchen garden such as spinach, basil, zucchini, carrots, green beans and more!
Carrot, Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- ½ inch of fresh ginger peeled and diced
- ½ inch of fresh turmeric peeled and diced
- ½ cup ice
- Optional Protein Boost: Plant-based protein powder
- Optional Sweetener: 1 teaspoon raw honey or ½ tablespoon maple syrup or 4 drops liquid stevia
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend for 1 minute.
Garden Nourish BowlPrint Recipe
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 cups of romaine
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup of green beans
- 4 radishes
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
- ¼ cup of olives
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Wash & chop all ingredients!
- Optional, you can spiralize the carrots & zucchini to create veggie noodles!
- Add lettuce to bowls and tops with remaining ingredients!
- To make salad dressing, add all ingredients into a jar & whisk together.
Green Curry Coconut Leek & Basil SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 medium leeks
- 4 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: Top with crispy chickpeas!
- Remove the ends of the leeks, chop off the bottoms and any dead bits on the top.
- Thinly slice the leeks and rinse well.
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and sauté leeks about 10 minutes.
- Add the leeks into a high speed blender with all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, serve soup hot garnished with leeks & fresh basil.
- This soup is amazing as is, but you can also add in 2 cups of cooked green lentils for some protein and texture. You can also roast chickpeas in the oven to create "crispy chickpeas" to add on top of the soup!