GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, FLOURLESS, BLACK BEAN… BROWNIES!!
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog!
February is National Heart Health month. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), heart disease is the number one cause of death worldwide! Thankfully there are so many great foods that can support a healthy heart. Here are some of my favorite heart healthy foods:
- Flax Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut Oil
Bonus, today I’m sharing how to make delicious Black Bean Brownies that are gluten-free, vegan & contain multiple heart healthy ingredients such as cacao & black beans! The black beans provide a boost of protein. Trust me, I understand that adding black beans to dessert may seem wild, however you cannot taste them! Instead the black beans help create a great taste & texture!
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Flourless, Black Bean BrowniesPrint Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can of S&W Classic or Organic black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds + 6 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats pulsed into a flour
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice maple syrup, coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract optional use mint extract instead!
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a food processor, pulse oats into a fine oat flour
- In a small bowl add ground flaxseeds & water, stir & let sit to create a gelatinous “egg”
- Add all ingredients into the food processor excluding the chocolate chips
- Pulse until a sticky batter is formed
- Spoon batter into a baking dish & top with chocolate chips
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes
- Let cool & enjoy with a glass of chilled almond milk!
S&W Bean Highlights
Based on S&W Classic Beans…
- Body Weight & Diet: One half-cup serving of S&W beans contains only 100 – 130 calories and 24 – 32% of your daily value (DV) for fiber, plus 6 – 7 grams of protein!
- Blood Cholesterol: S&W Beans are cholesterol-free and contains fiber, which helps control LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Blood Sugar / Diabetes: S&W Beans provide insoluble fiber, which can help lower your risk of Type 2 Diabetes, a risk factor for heart disease.
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by S&W Beans