Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I’m sharing another sneak peek recipe from my book The 5 Day Juicing Diet!
With a little prep work, overnight oats are an easy way to enjoy the benefits of oatmeal. You may be surprised to learn that just half a cup of dry rolled oats contains 6 grams of protein. I love pumpkin seeds for this recipe, because they add crunch, texture, and benefits like fiber, iron, and zinc. Zinc boasts antioxidant and anti-in ammatory properties, and helps support hormone health. Enjoy this recipe cold or hot—it’s delicious either way.
PUMPKIN PECAN OVERNIGHT OATSPrint Recipe
- 1 ⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 ⁄2 cup unsweetened almond coconut or rick milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or more to taste
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds or seed of choice
- 1 tablespoon pecans or nut of choice
- 1/4 cup blueberries or berry of choice
- 1. In a Mason jar, combine the oats, nondairy milk, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Whisk together to blend. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2. In the morning, give the mixture a stir. The overnight oats should be thick and creamy.
- 3. Top with the pumpkin seeds, pecans, and blueberries, and enjoy!
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO LEARN ABOUT THE 5 DAY JUICING DIET!