Happy Saturday Healthy Gals and Guys!
Easter is just a few weeks away… Sunday, April 5th to be exact! If you’re looking for an easy Easter dessert that is also great to make with the kids, I have just the thing! This recipe is incredibly allergen friendly being that it is tree-nut free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and Organic! I also like that this recipe requires no cooking! These cookies can be ready in a matter of minutes, and although I do recommend freezing the cookies because it helps hold the ingredients together, if you simply can not wait, I don’t blame you! Enjoy, share and happy almost Easter!
Easy Easter Cookies
Easy Easter Cookies
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water or non-dairy unsweetened milk such as hemp or rice milk
- Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans
- Lemon or orange zest to taste
- In a food processor add in apricots, oats and water and pulse together until a sticky batter is formed
- Rolls batter into balls
- With a fork press down on the center of each ball to create a cookie shape
- Place cookies in a container, cover with a lid and let "set" in the freezer for at least 1 hour
- Meanwhile, to make frosting add powered sugared and water (or non-dairy milk) in to a medium size bowl and mix together until evenly combined
- Next, drizzle frosting over cookies and then press a jelly bean in the center to garnish!
- Lastly, using a microplane zest a fresh lemon or orange for added fresh flavor and color. Only zest the outer layer of the citrus, avoid the white layer which has a bitter taste
- Enjoy these cookies immediately or store in the freezer until ready to eat
This recipe makes 6-8 servings
Double this recipe to make more cookies!
Our Healthy Grocery Find for this recipe is Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans. Growing up we always ate pretty healthy, however I loved being able to have a few extra special treats around the Holiday season. Surf Sweets jelly beans are made with organic fruit juice, are USDA Organic, corn syrup free and contain no artificial colors, artificial ingredients or preservatives. They are also gluten-free and free of the top 10 most common food allergens. They make a great addition to these easy Easter cookies for a pop of color, chewy texture and fruity flavor!