Hey Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl. BBQ Chickpea Salad anyone?! I love how flavorful the salad is – especially with a generous dollop of avocado “ranch” dressing! Click play below to watch today’s new recipe video and get all the details about this salad!! And guess what… Aaron is back in the kitchen to show you how to make this tasty dish!!
BBQ Chickpea Salad with Avocado RanchPrint Recipe
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaf
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (roasted)
- 1/2 cup sweet summer corn
- 1/2 cup diced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3 radishes
- 1/4 avocdao
- First add the chickpeas, drained and rinsed, to a baking dish with about one teaspoon melted coconut oil. Shake the chickpeas around to evenly coat them with oil, then roast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, add all of the BBQ Sauce ingredients to a small dish and whisk together.
- Next add all Ranch ingredients into a small blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer the dressing a little less thick, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Once the chickpeas are roasted toss them with a few tablespoons of the BBQ Sauce. Then build the salad; start with a bed of romaine and add the saucy chickpeas, sweet summer corn, diced purple cabbage, cherry tomatoes, sliced radish, a few slices of avocado and finally a big spoonful of the avocado ranch dressing, enjoy!