Friends! Need more lemon recipes?! August is a full of lemon holidays to celebrate such as National Lemonade Day, National Lemon Juice Day and National Lemon Meringue Pie Day! We have three incredible recipes to share with you today so you can celebrate each of these holidays with some refreshing and delicious treats!
Blended Tropical LemonadePrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup Limoneira classic lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2.5 cups filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds and enjoy!
Lemon Juice Ice CubesPrint Recipe
- 5 large Limoneira lemons
- Juice 5 large lemons to yield about 1 cup juice.
- Fill ice cube tray with lemon juice and add in fun flavors such as blueberries, raspberries and mint.
- Freeze for 4+ hours and then add into drinks and enjoy!
Lemon Meringue PiePrint Recipe
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup organic corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of light coconut milk un-refrigerated
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 pie crust homemade or store-bought
- To make this recipe you will need organic sugar, cornstarch, coconut milk, sea salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, and a pie crust, store bought or home-made.
- First, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, in a large saucepan, with the burner OFF add 1 cup organic sugar with the cornstarch & sea salt and whisk until well mixed.
- Turn the burner to low and gradually stir in the coconut milk. Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly, until the mixture begins to boil. Simmer for one minute, stirring constantly. Then turn off the heat.
- Separate the egg yolks & whites into two bowls, and set the egg whites aside for later.
- Beat the yolks with a small whisk, add 1/4 cup of the hot sugar mixture into the egg yolks and mix until combined.
- Gradually stir the yolks into the remaining hot sugar mixture. Turn the heat to low and simmer for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the burner and stir in lemon juice and zest. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes and then pour into a pre-baked pie crust.
- In a glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed for about 1 minute, until foamy. Then turn up to high speed and gradually add in sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spoon meringue over the pie and spread to the edge of the crust.
- Bake at 350°F 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is light golden brown.
- Cool on the counter for 1 hour. Then, refrigerate 3 hours for the filling to set completely.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!