I am beyond thrilled about today’s new video! It’s episode 2 of Food With My Dude™ featuring my fantastic husband Aaron! A husband and wife cooking series sharing easy, healthy & hearty recipes! Today’s recipe was inspired by a childhood dish that Aaron’s mom use to make! Aaron has revamped this recipe and today we’re sharing our version, Honey Curry Brussels Sprouts with Super Seeded Rice!
Honey Curry Brussels Sprouts With Super Seeded Rice
- 1/2 cup brown rice dry
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat / canned
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Add brown rice and water into a stovetop pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for 30 - 45 minutes stirring occasionally until rice has absorbed all of the water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and dice brussels sprouts and carrots. Place on a baking sheet with coconut oil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes
- When rice has finished cooking add in sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and hemp seeds
- To make your sauce add honey, coconut milk, mustard, curry powder and sea salt into a stove top pot and stir together
- Place the pot with sauce on the stove set to low, when sauce is warm add in brussels sprouts and carrots.
- In a bowl or on a plate add your super seeded rice and a big helping of honey curry brussels sprouts!