Hey Friends! Ya’ll know I love sweet potatoes. They are always on our grocery list and we weave them into multiple recipes every week! Today I’m sharing how to make Loaded Sweet Potatoes, I hope you love them!
Let’s chat about some of the key players in today’s recipe!
Of course we have sweet potatoes, packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and well… they just taste GREAT!
Wasabi Cashew Sour Cream
We’re also using a Wasabi Cashew Sour Cream sauce that’s AMAZING and is a great dairy-free alternative to traditional sour cream.
We also have black beans which are loaded with protein, B vitamins and more… fiber.
Topped with veggies, chives and did I mention wasabi cashew sour cream?!
Thrive Algae Oil
I’m also using Thrive Culinary Algae Oil in today’s recipe which I’ve used in prior recipes, just as these Spicy Mushroom Fajitas. You may already be familiar with and a fan of Algae oil. However, if this is the first time you’re hearing about it, let me introduce you! Thrive Algae oil is the first-ever algae oil on the market. Algae oil has many health benefits, including being high in monounsaturated fat, yet is also sustainable with a lower carbon and water footprint than nearly all other cooking oils!! Lastly, if you’re wondering about the taste, it has a light and delicate flavor which makes it easy to incorporate into your recipes right away! Pretty much the summary is that algae oil is great for both cold and hot recipes and is full of health benefits!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1 large carrot
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons of chives
Wasabi Cashew Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup of raw unsalted cashews
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of wasabi powder
- Soak cashews in water overnight or for a minimum 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wrap sweet potato in tin foil and poke a few air holes in the top (with a fork)
- Place on a baking sheet, with air hole pointing up and bake for 40 minutes
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, dice up half of a small sweet onion, 1 large carrot and 4 cloves of garlic
- In a stovetop pan on medium heat add 1 tablespoon of Thrive Algae oil and diced onions and carrots. Sautéed for 3 -4 minutes stirring occasionally
- Then add cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Then turn the burner to low and place on a lid and cook for 5 - 8 minutes
- Drain and rinse can of black beans
- Add black beans to onion, carrot and garlic mixture in stovetop pan. Place the lid back on and keep on low heat for 10 minutes
- After sweet potatoes have cooked for 40 minutes, unwrap and coat all sweet potatoes with Thrive Culinary Algae Oil (about 1 tablespoon total). Place back in the oven and cook for another 20 - 30 minutes (without tin foil).
- When sweet potatoes have finished cooking slice down the middle and fill with black bean and veggie mixture. Top with wasabi cashew sour cream, avocado and chives.
To Make Cashew Cream
- Drain the water cashews have been soaking in
- Add cashews and fresh water (just until the water covers the cashews) in a blender with 1 pinch of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Blend on low until creamy
Disclosure: Thank You To Thrive Culinary Algae Oil for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. I only share, promote & recommend what I truly love, use and want you to know about!