Just in time for the Super Bowl, I’m sharing how to make an EASY 7 layer bean dip that is gluten-free, vegan and delicious! Although this is traditionally a party food, it’s so healthy it doubles as a meal for lunch or dinner! Aaron and I enjoyed leftover dip for dinner one night with an extra salad on the side for more greens!
7 Layer Bean Dip
- 1 15-ounce can of refried beans (I bought a can of Whole Foods 365 Organic, BPA-FREE, Vegan refried beans)
- 1 cup of cashew sour cream sauce see link below for recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups of iceberg lettuce chopped (or lettuce of choice)
- 1/2 cup of olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- Slice avocado in half, remove the pitt and scoop avocado "meat" into a bowl. Mash avocado with a fork and add 1/4 fresh lemon juice. This will help keep the avocado from browning.
- In a medium size dish layer refried beans, cashew sour cream, avocado mash, sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce, olives and sunflower seeds!
To serve this dish warm first heat the refried beans on the stovetop, add beans to a dish and then layer the remaining cooler ingredients on top