Fall is here & I’m celebrating with three easy, healthy recipes. First we’re making butternut squash pizza which is packed with vitamins, minerals and is so colorful! Next we’re making root veggie fries which are the perfect comfort food made without the guilt! Next we’re enjoying grilled pears with maple pecans which are full of flavor!
For all of my recipes today I’m using Thrive Culinary Algae Oil, which I’ve shared about in past videos. I’m a big fan of algae oil because of it’s nutritional highlights, it’s high smoke point making it perfect for cooking at higher temperatures & it’s mild delicious flavor which works great in so many dishes. I’ll be sharing with you more reasons why I love algae oil in the video! Also big thanks to Thrive Culinary Algae Oil for being our Sponsor for today’s video!
Why I Love Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
NUTRITION HIGHLIGHTS: Algae oil has the highest level of Monounsaturated fats (the good fats) compared to other common cooking oils such as olive or canola. The average person only meets half their recommended daily intake for MUFAs.
Algae oil also has only 0.5 grams of saturated fat per serving which is lower than olive & canola oil. Studies have shown that most people consume 50% more saturated fat then recommended daily.
Clinical studies have shown that there can be cardio-metabolic (heart healthy) benefits of replacing saturated fats with mono-unsaturated fats such as helping to maintain heart health, supporting healthy blood pressure & helping to control inflammation.
GREAT TASTING: Algae oil does not have a strong dominating flavor, instead it brings out the natural taste of foods!
BETTER FOR COOKING: Algae oil has a high smoke point, which means it can better withstand hot temperatures & maintain it’s nutritional value.
Butternut Squash PizzaPrint Recipe
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 stems dino kale
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- Plus! Store-Bought or Homemade Pizza Crust
- Preheat your oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out any seeds, then carefully remove the skin of the squash with a sharp knife
- Cube the butternut squash into small 1 inch cubes
- Toss the squash cubes and garlic cloves with two tablespoons of Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- Roast squash and garlic in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Place roasted squash and garlic with the sea salt, cumin & one tablespoon of Thrive Culinary Algae Oil into a high speed blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth
- Spread sauce over pizza crust and top with thinly slice red onion & shredded Dino Kale
- Place back in the oven and cook according to directions of the particular pizza crust you are using, should be around 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with Sriracha, let cool a few minutes before slicing and enjoying
Root Vegetable French FriesPrint Recipe
- 3 cups root vegetables cut into fry shape (sweet potatoes, carrots & daikon)
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut root vegetables into thin fry shapes
- On a baking sheet add fries & one tablespoon of Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes
- Remove fries from the oven and toss with the remaining one tablespoon of oil and seasoning mix
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes
Grilled Pears with Cinnamon Maple PecansPrint Recipe
- 3 ripe pears
- 1 cup pecans crushed
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoon Thrive Culinary Algae Oil
- Preheat your grill to med/high heat
- Mix the crushed pecans with maple syrup and ginger powder
- Wash and halve the pears, using a spoon scoop out the core and seeds
- Coat the pears with Thrive Culinary Algae Oil and grill flat side down for 10 minutes
- Flip the pears over on the grill and scoop pecan mix onto each pear and grill for another 10-15 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving
Disclosure: This post & video is Sponsored by Thrive Culinary Algae Oil. We LOVE algae oil. All opinions stated are our own.