Happy October! Today I’m sharing how to make a delicious cinnamon orange, apple cider, also a DIY citrus wreath and spooky dark chocolate orange jack-o-lanterns. All of my recipes today feature Limoneira citrus!
Citrus Apple CiderPrint Recipe
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 minneola tangelo orange
- 2-3 inches fresh ginger peeled
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole clove
- Add all the ingredients into a small pot and bring to a boil
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes
Dark Chocolate Orange Jack-O-LanternsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 navel oranges
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler
- Place the bowl of melted chocolate on top of another bowl filled with ice
- Add almond milk to melted chocolate & whisk together
- Then add sea salt & fresh orange juice & whisk again
- Cover & place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- To make jack-o-lanterns with navel oranges, slice off the tops of your oranges and then with a spoon carefully scoop out the inside
- Using an x-acto knife carefully carve spooky faces into the oranges
- Be careful not to make the faces too big or the pudding might spill out!
- Fill your orange jack-o-lanterns with pudding and enjoy!