Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. As many of you know I eat dairy-free! In college I met with a Registered Dietitian for dietary guidance due to extreme bloating & digestive troubles. We discovered that dairy was the cause of my digestive distress! I loved my yogurt & lattes & like many felt defeated that I could no longer eat some of my favorites foods. At this time in my life I was just beginning my dietetic schooling & luckily was able to learn about new foods to enjoy instead! Removing dairy from my diet personally improved my digestive health as well as my skin big time!
Today we have even more amazing dairy-free options available to us! So Delicious is one of my favorite dairy-free brands. They have a variety of really great products including dairy-free yogurts, frozen desserts and beverages! I can now enjoy yogurt & lattes again without any digestive troubles! One of my favorite dairy-free ingredients is coconut milk, particularly full-fat culinary coconut milk. It is so incredibly creamy, contains plant-based fats like medium chain fatty acids and adds a decadent touch to any recipe! I actually think coconut milk is more of an upgrade than simply an alternative from traditional cow’s milk or cream!
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Coconut Lentil Turmeric Soup. I am also a big fan of soups, they are easy & I love leftovers!
On January 23, 2017, So Delicious is hosting their Dairy-Free 21-Day Challenge where they offer tips and tricks for going dairy free for three weeks. They have great information on where dairy hides, ideal ingredient swaps, and other names for dairy, so you can find it on food labels. They are also giving away prizes and have a fun Facebook Group where people share recipes and thoughts about how the challenge is going for them. You can join the Facebook Group here.
I encourage you to give it a try and see how you feel.
Coconut Lentil Turmeric SoupPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red or sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 large carrots diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of dried red lentils
- 1 So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk
- Top with cilantro leaves & Fresh Lime
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat add the coconut oil and diced red onion, saute for 3-5 minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent and brown.
- Add the diced garlic, carrots and celery, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Then add the seasonings (turmeric powder, cumin, sea salt & black pepper), vegetable stock, dried lentils and coconut cream.
- Bring soup to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes depending on how tender you like the lentils.
- Serve topped with cilantro leaves and fresh lime wedges.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by So Delicious. All opinions stated are our own. We only partner with brands & products we genuinely love, we personally use & are excited to share about with our community to help everyone live & eat a little healthier!