Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. Today I’m sharing how to make Quinoa Chickpea Burgers with a Thai Valencia Peanut Butter Sauce! These burgers are SO delicious! I love prepping dozens of them & storing in the freezer so that I have veggie burgers all summer long when the craving hits! As an Ambassador for Naturally More, I’m using their Organic Valencia Peanut Butter in our sauce recipe which adds a delicious creamy flavor as well as plant-based protein & fiber!
Quinoa Chickpea BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 can 15-ounce chickpeas
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup of oat flour 1 cup of oats ground up
- 3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Arugula greens
- Shredded purple cabbage
Thai Valencia Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Naturally More Valencia Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut liquid aminos
- A pinch of sea salt
- Add the coconut oil to a saute pan over medium heat with the red bell pepper and red onion and saute for 5 mins.
- In a small bowl add ⅓ cup water water and the ground flax seeds, stir and let sit for 3 mins.
- In a large bowl add the chickpeas and mash with a potato masher, or fork.
- Then add the oat flour, flax/water mixture, cooked quinoa, sautéed peppers & onions, fresh basil, sea salt, paprika & lime juice and stir everything together.
- Form the mixture into burger patties and cook right away or keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Add all sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
- When ready, cook your burgers in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 mins
- or in a saute pan with a little bit of coconut oil over medium heat, 5 mins each side.
- Serve the chickpea quinoa burgers layered with the valencia peanut butter sauce, fresh arugula greens and shredded purple cabbage, enjoy!
Disclosure: Healthy Grocery Girl is a Naturally More Ambassador & this video is sponsored. We only partner with brands we love, personally enjoy & want to share about with our community! Sponsors make it possible for Healthy Grocery Girl to create videos that are Free for our community to watch & enjoy.