Hey everyone! Happy Thursday! Today I am sharing with you an easy and delicious breakfast idea, a Smoothie Bowl! It is refreshing, satisfying and so yummy. I also like to make this recipe as an afternoon snack!
The smoothie bowl base is made from fruit and water (or non-dairy milk beverage of choice) and the chopped almonds and granola add a crunchy contrast. Chia seeds add protein and fresh fruit pack even more vitamins and minerals into this delicious dish. What’s also fun is that you can really get creative with the ingredient combinations, it’s endless! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe, if you make it leave me a comment below! Have a great day everyone!
- 1 banana 3/4 for smoothie, 1/4 for garnish
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granola *Maple Almond Granola recipe from the HGG Nutrition Plan
- 1 tablespoon of raw unsalted almonds chopped
- 1 tablespoon of whole chia seeds
- Add banana, frozen berries and water into a high-speed blender
- Blend on high for 20-30 seconds. You want the smoothie to be thick and creamy
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with banana slices, blueberry slices, granola, chia seeds and chopped almonds
Homemade Maple Almond Granola recipe from the Healthy Grocery Girl Nutrition Plan
My favorite store-bought granolas include Boulder Granola and Purely Elizabeth
This Recipe Is: