Hey Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today we are sharing with you how to make these decadent Meyer Lemon Coconut Heart Shaped Waffles that will be a hit for the entire family!
Meyer Lemon Coconut WafflesPrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup gluten-free flour I like using Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 Limoneira Meyer lemon
- 1 egg or flax egg which is 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar I love coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, add egg or flax egg, non-dairy milk, oil, sugar, zest from lemon, juice from entire lemon and whisk together until smooth.
- Add in baking powder, shredded coconut and gluten-free flour and mix together until a smooth batter forms.
- Using a hot waffle iron, pour in batter and cook until waffle is golden brown.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make several heart shaped waffle pieces.
- Top with real maple syrup and optional a sprinkling of shredded coconut
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!