Looking for a new way to use up your asparagus? Check out this delicious Creamy Lemon Asparagus Soup that is perfect for a quick weeknight meal! This creamy soup is also dairy-free and full of wholesome ingredients to nourish the entire family!
Creamy Lemon Asparagus SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 3 cups veggie soup stock
- ½ cup cashews soaked overnight, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the stems off of asparagus and discard. Cut the remaining asparagus into thirds.
- Peel and dice onion.
- In a large soup pot, add some olive oil, asparagus and onion and sauté for 20 minutes.
- Add the mixture into a blender with juice and zest from lemon, cashews, soup stock, coconut milk and seasonings.
- Blend on high to form a soup puree and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!