If you’re looking for an alternative to turkey for Thanksgiving, try this Orange Honey Glazed Chicken! Not only does this dish taste phenomenal, but it will fill your kitchen and entire home with the most wonderful holiday scent. This Orange Honey Glazed Chicken can also be made with turkey breast, or go wild and glaze your entire holiday turkey! The orange honey glaze is also great on fresh baked goods, such as scones or english muffins. Serve with Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Lemon Green Beans, and you will be in holiday heaven!
Health Benefits of Ingredients
Honey (that is minimally processed) contains a number of antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids. Honey can also be applied to the skin as part of a treatment plan for burns and many other skin conditions. In addition honey can act as a natural cough suppressant. Some studies show that it’s even more effective than certain cough medicines.
Studies have shown rosemary to be high in antioxidants, which are believed to help neutralize free radicals, harmful particles found in the body. In addition rosemary contains anti-inflammatory compounds, considered key in boosting the immune system and improving blood circulation.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this chicken, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Orange Honey Glazed ChickenPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira valencia orange
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 chicken or turkey breast bone-in & skin-on
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Using a sharp knife or peeler, remove the peel of the orange, trying to get just the orange part and as little of the white pith as possible, then dice.
- Add diced peel to a small pot with the juice from the orange and sugar. Stir and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Coat the chicken breast with EVOO and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Remove the orange mixture from the stovetop, add salt, pepper, dijon and honey. Stir together and split the glaze into two then chill.
- Pull the chicken from the oven after 30 minutes and top with orange glaze, optional you can add a few slices of orange and fresh rosemary to the baking dish.
- Place the dish back in the oven and bake for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Immediately after pulling from the oven, top chicken with more orange glaze and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve sliced with more orange glaze on the side. Enjoy!
Want More Holiday Dinner Ideas?
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!