Looking for a great appetizer or main dish to kickstart the Thanksgiving season? Look no further than these Butternut Squash Quinoa Patties with an Orange Cranberry Sauce recipe that is gluten & dairy-free! Your family and friends will love this recipe because it is filled with healthy fats, fiber and protein to keep you full and satisfied!
Butternut Squash Quinoa PattiesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg or vegan egg replacer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash butternut squash and then add quinoa, onion, seasoning, coconut oil, egg and basil and stir together.
- Form into four patties and fry or bake for 30 minutes.
Orange Cranberry SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Juice orange and place juice, sugar and cranberries in a small pot and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top quinoa patties with cranberry sauce and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!