Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I am sharing with you how to create a delicious Carrot & Beet Spiralized Salad with Bolthouse Farm’s New Organic Raspberry Balsamic Dressing! I love this new line of organic dressings because it’s full of flavor and has 60 calories and five grams of fat or less per serving so I can pour it on my salads guilt-free.
Hearty, meal worthy salads are a great way to pack in nutritious ingredients from fruits, veggies, herbs, grains and nuts & seeds to add variety to your diet.
One common mistake I see when people create salads is that they don’t include enough nutrient dense ingredients to really satisfy. So make sure to pack in lot of plant-based ingredients such as of veggies, quality protein, grains, nuts, seeds… go crazy!
Another common salad mistake I see is people using salad dressings that are packed with artificial ingredients, loaded with sugar, sodium or so on. The good news is – while the options may be few – there are really good store-bought salad dressings available!
For today’s video we’ve partnered with Bolthouse Farms and I’ll be using their new Organic Raspberry Balsamic Dressing in our recipe. This is a store-bought salad dressing that I absolutely love. The organic, sun-ripened raspberries add a delicious seasonal flavor to the salad while keeping it light and refreshing. The lower fat and calorie nutritionals coupled with the delicious flavor profile of Bolthouse Farms Organic Dressings means I can use a generous pour on my salad. No more putting my dressing on the side! You can find it in the refrigerated produce section next to all the other goodies you’ll want to put in your salad.
CARROT & BEET SPIRALIZED SALAD WITH RASPBERRY BALSAMIC DRESSINGPrint Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 beet peeled
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 4 tablespoons of Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Balsamic Dressing
- Optional: Fresh lime wedge
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rinse & drain chickpeas and add to a baking sheet
- Drizzle with coconut oil, sea salt and roast in the oven for 25 – 35 minutes until crispy
- Meanwhile, wash and peel the beet and carrots
- To Spiralize the beet and carrot, peel and slice off the ends so they are flat
- Then place on spiralizing tool to create veggie noodles. You can also use a julienne peeler, if you do not have a spiralizer
- Place carrots, beets & fresh cilantro in a bowl and toss with salad dressing
- Top with crispy chickpeas, hemp seeds, additional fresh cilantro and a lime wedge if desired. Enjoy!
BOLTHOUSE FARMS HIGHLIGHTS:
- The new line of Bolthouse Farms salad dressings are USDA certified organic, NON-GMO and contain no added preservatives or artificial flavors.
- They are lower in fat and calories than leading brands with 60 calories and five grams of fat or less per serving, so I can feel good about generously pouring on the dressing – no more dressing on the side.
- The new dressings are great for salads, marinades and for so many other recipe creations.
- Plus – they just taste great! I’m very picky when it comes to store-bought salad dressing because the ingredients have to be quality and premium, which I why I like Bolthouse Farms new Organic line because they meet those standards.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fun Salad Dressing Facts provided by Bolthouse Farms!
- Salad dressing is a grocery shopping staple! In fact, 62 percent of Americans buy a bottle at least once every 3 months.
- 54% of people said that their favorite salad topping is salad dressing!
- Nearly a quarter of Americans seek out refrigerated dressings and prefer dressings with fewer calories
- Almost 1 in 5 shoppers want organic & reduced dressings!
Disclosure: Thank you to Bolthouse Farms for sponsoring this post & video!