Hello Friends! Today I have 2 simple recipes to share with you. These recipes are perfect together for lunch or dinner and have me dreaming of summertime picnics! First, we’re making a brown rice pasta dish loaded with fresh veggies. This recipe is full of flavor and also gluten-free! I’ll also be sharing how to make sweet potato fries, which is one of my all-time favorite recipes.
Our Healthy Grocery Find for today is Simple Girl salad dressing and sauces. Simple Girl products contain no artificial flavors, no artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, they are all-natural, gluten-free and vegan!
Simple Girl has 3 flavors of salad dressing; Vinaigrette, Sweet Mustard and Citrus Ginger. These salad dressings contain zero grams of sugar, zero grams of fat, zero carbs, and zero calories without relying on artificial ingredients!
Simple Girl also has a Carolina Style BBQ sauce that has zero grams of sugar, zero fat and only 5 calories per serving, with no artificial sweeteners or artificial ingredients.
Watch how-to make both of these recipes in today’s new episode of the Healthy Grocery Girl Show! Click play below and enjoy! xx Megan
Brown Rice Pasta With Veggies
- 1 box 8-ounces of brown rice spiral or rotini pasta noodles
- 4 cups of water
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 can 15-ounces of black beans
- 1/4 cup Simple Girl Vinaigrette salad dressing or add more to your liking
- Cook brown rice pasta on the stovetop as directed by the box
- Run pasta under cold water to prevent noodles from overcooking
- Add cooked pasta to a medium size bowl with Simple Girl Vinaigrette salad dressing
- Wash and chop bell pepper and onion and add to pasta salad
- Drain and rinse black beans and then add to bowl with pasta
- Wash and chop fresh cilantro and add to pasta
- Toss all ingredients together
Sweet Potato Fries With Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Simple Girl BBQ sauce or more to your liking
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and slice sweet potato in fry size pieces
- Add french fries onto a baking sheet
- Drizzle with coconut oil and sea salt
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Enjoy with a side of Simple Girl BBQ Sauce
You can win a free box set of Simple Girl Salad Dressing & a Simple Girl BBQ Sauce by liking their Facebook Page. On March, 15th they will announce a winner!
You can also receive a free Simple Girl BBQ Sauce when you purchase a box set of Simple Girl Salad Dressing