3 Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipes
Welcome Back to Healthy Grocery Girl! Today I’m sharing 3 easy, healthy pasta recipes that are packed with protein, veggies and they are so delicious!
Have you heard of bean or legume based pastas? They are noodles made from legumes – so they are packed with protein! Explore Cuisine, who is sponsoring today’s video, has so many great pasta options that are ideal for anyone who loves pasta and is looking for a more nutritious alternative! Their legume based pastas are also great for anyone seeking to reduce meat in their diet and replace with plant based protein.
Let’s get started with our recipes and don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!
Zucchini & Green Lentil LasagnePrint Recipe
- 1 package Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Lasagne noodles
- 1 jar 25-ounce of tomato sauce (approximately 3 cups)
- 1 medium eggplant thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 4- ounce can sliced olives
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 ½ cups of cashews
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Cashew Cream Sauce Directions
- Add cashews into a bowl or mason jar and fill with water until the cashews are submerged. Let cashews soak overnight.
- Drain cashews and add soaked cashews into a high-speed blender
- Add 1 cup of filtered water the blender with sea salt and lemon juice.
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes, until creamy and smooth. You may need to add more water to get the sauce to a consistency you prefer.
- Store in the refrigerator and, for the best experience use within 7 days
- To make our lasagne, begin by thinly slicing the eggplant, zucchini and green pepper.
- Then rinse and chop the basil.
- Layer your lasagne, making sure the noodles are fully covered in sauce, especially along the edges.
- Finish layering with sauce, saving some cashew cream for later.
- Cover with parchment and foil, and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the remaining cashew cream and bake for 15 more minutes, top with fresh basil and serve!
Sesame Ginger Bowl with Edamame SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- 1 package Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame Spaghetti
- 1 block tofu extra-firm, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- White & Black sesame seeds
Sesame Ginger Sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Begin by adding all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisking together, then set aside.
- Then wash and prepare the vegetables.
- Next, boil water and cook the Edamame Spaghetti according to package instructions.
- In a large saute pan warm sesame oil over medium heat add tofu a few at a time and fry, turning once, until golden brown.
- Add the noodles, vegetables and most of the sauce into a large bowl and toss together.
- Serve topped with tofu, more sauce and sesame seeds.
Fusilli Minestrone SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 package Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 28- ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups soup broth
- 1 15- ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Warm olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low, add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and seasonings. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, soup stock, beans and Explore Cuisine Fusilli; bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is soft, around 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh basil and enjoy!
These recipes are perfect for the whole family! My daughter who is a year and a half loves these pastas! All Explore Cuisine pastas are made with the finest organic ingredients from beans, lentils, rice and peas to provide you with more plant based protein and fiber than traditional pasta while being naturally gluten free and simple to prepare! Click here learn more about Explore Cuisine!
Blog Disclosure: Thank you to Explore Cuisine for Sponsoring today’s post and video!