Quick Healthy Lunch Box Ideas! Today I am sharing how to make the “Fiesta Lunch Box” which includes a simple quinoa cucumber and black bean salad. I hope you have been enjoying all of the recipes I’ve been sharing in our 4 week “Fall Recipe Series”!
Fiesta Lunch Box: Quinoa Cucumber Black Bean SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 fresh mango
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/2 sweet orange bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans
- Rinse 1/2 cup dry quinoa in a sieve
- Add 1 cup of water to a medium stove top pot and bring water to a boil on high heat.
- When water is boiling add in quinoa, reduce to medium heat and let cook for about 12 minutes. 1/2 cup dry quinoa will yield approximately 2 cups cooked quinoa.
- Meanwhile wash and then dice cucumber
- Drain and rinse black beans
- Wash and slice sweet bell pepper
- Slice fresh mango
- Once quinoa is finished cooking add to a medium size bowl and mix together with cucumber and black beans. Portion out quinoa salad, salsa, mango and bell pepper to make 3-4 lunches