Potato Potahto… either way these creamy spuds are too good to pass up! Check out my recipe for Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes below!
SLOW COOKER MASHED POTATOESPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Begin by rinsing and scrubbing the potatoes clean, and then partially peeling them, remove any spots or funny looking areas.
- Optionally, you can simply peel away all of the skin, but skin adds some healthy fiber.
- Chop the potatoes and peel and crush the garlic cloves
- Then add the potatoes, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and water to a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- Using a Instant Pot, cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- If you use a traditional slow cooker, cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
- The potatoes are done when a fork can easily mash a potato.
- Add the coconut milk, olive oil, salt and black pepper and mash with a potato masher or large fork.
- Stir in some chopped chives, then garnish with olive oil and more chopped chives, enjoy!