Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl! I loved sloppy joes as a kid and this plant-powered version is total comfort food, full of flavor as well as protein!
Vegan Lentil Sloppy JoesPrint Recipe
- 1 15 ounce can black lentils, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Add the coconut oil to a large saute pan over medium heat, then add the diced onion and bell pepper. Saute for about 10 minutes until the onion turns translucent and starts to brown.
- Next, add all of the remaining ingredients and stir everything together. If you do not like spice, add a little less or no sriracha.
- Finally add on a lid and simmer, on low, for 20 minutes.
- If you are making this for kids who don’t like veggies, I suggest blending the mix at this point into a sauce.
- Finally add the lentils, stir together and heat through. Ladle onto a gluten-free bun and enjoy!