Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today we’re making homemade sweet potato chips and then loading them up with some tasty toppings to make the ultimate loaded vegan nachos! Aaron and I can easily polish off this entire baking sheet of nachos… it’s all gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based and delicious!
Loaded Sweet Potato NachosPrint Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 4 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 bell pepper color of choice
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- First, make the sweet potato chips. Peel away any dark or funny looking spots from the skin. However, do not remove all of the skin.
- Then sliced sweet potatoes into thin rounds, I recommend a mandolin for creating consistent thin rounds.
- Brush a light layer of coconut oil onto a baking sheet and add the sweet potato slices. To help the potatoes turn into a crispy chips, make sure they are evenly spaced and ideally not touching.
- Bake in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping once. Please note, that these chips will shrink as they cook.
- While the chips cook, add the beans, drained and rinsed, to a small pot with the seasonings. Stir together and then warm on the stove, on low heat.
- Now, prep the rest of your toppings; dice the tomatoes, bell pepper and avocado.
- Once the chips are ready, spread them out on a baking sheet and layer with all of the toppings, except the avocado. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted to your liking, remove and top with avocado and optional some fresh lime wedges or even cilantro!