LOADED SWEET POTATO NACHOS
Blog | Dinner | Gluten-Free | Lunch | Main Course | Sides | Snacks
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today we’re making homemade sweet potato chips and then loading them up with some tasty toppings to make the ultimate loaded vegan nachos! Aaron and I can easily polish off this entire baking sheet of nachos… it’s all gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based and delicious!
Loaded Sweet Potato NachosPrint Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 4 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 bell pepper color of choice
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- First, make the sweet potato chips. Peel away any dark or funny looking spots from the skin. However, do not remove all of the skin.
- Then sliced sweet potatoes into thin rounds, I recommend a mandolin for creating consistent thin rounds.
- Brush a light layer of coconut oil onto a baking sheet and add the sweet potato slices. To help the potatoes turn into a crispy chips, make sure they are evenly spaced and ideally not touching.
- Bake in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping once. Please note, that these chips will shrink as they cook.
- While the chips cook, add the beans, drained and rinsed, to a small pot with the seasonings. Stir together and then warm on the stove, on low heat.
- Now, prep the rest of your toppings; dice the tomatoes, bell pepper and avocado.
- Once the chips are ready, spread them out on a baking sheet and layer with all of the toppings, except the avocado. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted to your liking, remove and top with avocado and optional some fresh lime wedges or even cilantro!