Zoodles & Lemon Cilantro Meatballs
I’m always looking for healthy alternatives to pasta to switch things up a bit and give some variety to my meals! One of my favorite options is using zucchini as noodles. They are gluten-free, loaded with nutrients and only take a few minutes to prepare! Today I’m sharing with you how to make a delicious and filling Zoodles & Lemon Cilantro Meatballs recipe.
Why zucchinis? This veggie is packed with antioxidants, fiber and plenty of vitamins & minerals. Not only do zucchinis contain soluble and insoluble fiber, but they are also rich in water, which helps move things through your body and may even aid in constipation. You may be surprised to hear that one cup of cooked zucchini contains 40% of your Reference Daily Intake of vitamin A! Vitamin A is beneficial for eye health, immune health and reproductive health.
So let’s grab our spiralizers or vegetable peelers and get to making some yummy zoodles!
Zoodles & Lemon Cilantro MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 2 zucchini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb ground chicken
- In a medium bowl, add lemon zest and juice from half a lemon. Add in cilantro, garlic, seasonings and ground chicken. Mix to combine and then form into balls.
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and chicken meatballs. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, spiralize zucchini into noodles.
- Add in zucchini noodles and juice from the other half of lemon & stir to combine. Cook for a minute or until desired noodle consistency.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!