Summer and warm weather means cooling down with some delicious and refreshing ice cream! While there are plenty of store-bought ice creams out there that are packed with sugar, this homemade Orange Turmeric Coconut Nice-Cream is made with a base of bananas and packed with tons of flavor!
We love adding turmeric into recipes because it not only gives your food a beautiful color, but has tons of health benefits! The active ingredient found in turmeric that provides these benefits is called Curcumin. This anti-inflammatory compound may help reduce the risk of disease, improve brain function and fight free radicals! Turmeric also contains iron, vitamin B6, manganese and copper!
You’re going to love this dairy-free and gluten-free citrus nice-cream!
Orange Turmeric Coconut Nice-CreamPrint Recipe
- 2 Limoneira navel oranges
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- In a small bowl, add canned coconut milk and turmeric powder. Whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into ice cube tray.
- Peel oranges & bananas and cut into slices. Add slices to baking tray along with ice cube tray and freeze for 3 hours.
- Put frozen items through a Yonanas machine, high speed blender or food processor to mix and form nice cream!
- Scoop and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!