Simply The Best Watermelon Lemonade
National Lemonade Day is this week and we thought the perfect way to celebrate would be by making an easy and delicious lemonade! You’re going to love this Watermelon Lemonade that is made with fresh watermelon and lemons!
Watermelon is not only extremely hydrating, but also contains some great health benefits! It is the richest source of the amino acid citrulline, which converts into the essential amino acid arginine. These amino acids work to lower blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels! It also contains the antioxidant lycopene, which protects against cell damage and may lower your risk of certain diseases. What great reasons to enjoy this amazing summer fruit!
Let’s go ahead and make some lemonade!
Watermelon LemonadePrint Recipe
- ½ cup lemon juice squeezed from fresh Limoneira lemons
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 3 cups hot water
- Add the sugar, hot water and lemon juice to a large pitcher and stir to incorporate. Let the lemonade mixture chill.
- Add watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain blended watermelon through a fine sieve.
- Add the watermelon juice to the lemonade and stir to combine. Enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!