Have you ever cooked with parsnips?! This incredible root veggie is the perfect substitute for fries and has an amazing sweet and nutty flavor. This Lemon Aioli Parsnip Fries recipe is a great new side dish to add to your weekly menu and a fun way to incorporate new veggies!
Eating a variety of plant foods is such an amazing way to feed your good gut microbes and support healthy digestion. While regular potatoes are great, adding in different items, such as these parsnips can give your body some different prebiotic fiber!
Health Benefits of Parsnips
As mentioned above, parsnips are a great high fiber plant food, which is crucial for digestion and also may help lower cholesterol. Parsnips are a great source of vitamin C, which is important for immunity and also skin health because it helps with the synthesis of collagen! The antioxidants found in this root veg may help prevent oxidative stress, which decreases cell damage.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these parsnip fries, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Lemon Aioli Parsnip FriesPrint Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Limoneira lemon juice
- ½ lb parsnip
- ½ cup cashews soaked overnight, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel parsnip and cut into thirds. Parsnips have a woody core, so cut around core and discard.
- Cut into fry size pieces and add onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and line parsnips on a baking sheet into rows. Roast for 15 minutes, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, add cashews, water, coconut milk, mustard, minced garlic and salt. Blend until smooth. Add sauce into bowl.
- Top parsnip fries and sauce with parsley and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more healthy side recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!