What’s better than waffles for brunch? A brunch charcuterie board full of Lemon Raspberry Waffles!!! This brunch board is packed with the cutest, and most delicious mini waffles along with other heart healthy foods, such as strawberries, almonds, fresh mint and yummy dips! These waffles are made with real ingredients, like Limoneira lemons and are gluten-free and dairy-free!
Enjoy these waffles for breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart or as a real “wow” meal at your next family and friends gathering! We used a mini heart waffle iron for these waffles, but they can be made with any type of waffle maker.
Heart Health Benefits
Berries, like raspberries are high in fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants meaning they help nourish the body and reduce the risk of chronic disease such as heart disease! Fiber works to feed your “good” gut bacteria and as a result can lead to lowering inflammation, which is a risk factor for heart disease.
Did you know that one lemon provides around 50% of your vitamin C intake for the day? Vitamin C may help lower blood pressure and some studies have shown that vitamin C may improve lipid profiles. All of these are important for heart health and reducing the risk of heart disease.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this waffle brunch board, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Lemon Raspberry Waffle Brunch BoardPrint Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup raspberries
- Limoneira blood oranges
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup non-dairy yogurt
- Fresh mint
- In a large bowl, add baking flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and zest from lemon. Stir to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, add egg, non-dairy milk, coconut oil and juice from lemon. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- In a mini waffle iron (we used a heart shaped one), add batter and top with a couple of raspberries. Close and let waffle cook until done.
- Continue making mini waffles until batter is gone. This should make around 8 mini waffles.
- Using a charcuterie board, arrange waffles, blood orange, almonds, strawberries and fresh mint. Add the honey into a small ramekin, non-dairy yogurt into a small ramekin and set along board to be used as dip.
- Top entire board with any extra lemon zest and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more delicious brunch recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!