Fast Fall Dinner Recipes
Happy Wednesday! Today I am sharing with you how to make Sweet Potato Lentil Tacos. I could eat tacos multiple nights a week, and I often do! Have you ever made tacos that were completely… plant-based? Well this recipe is and it’s completely delicious! Sweet potatoes and lentils are nutritious and a really fun taco filling. Watch today’s Healthy Grocery Girl Show episode to see how to make this recipe!
Sweet Potato Lentil Tacos
- 1 can 15-ounces of lentils
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 cup of spinach chopped
- 8-12 Organic corn tortilla shells 2-3 tacos per person
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Optional Toppings use as much as you like
- Sunflower Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dice sweet potatoes and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with coconut oil and sea salt and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse can of lentils and add into a stovetop pot. Add in taco seasoning and
- cook lentils on medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Next slice avocado in half, remove the pit and mash avocado meat into a small bowl to make “guacamole”.
- Lastly chop spinach into “ribbon” size pieces.
- Optional to toast corn shells in the oven for 1-2 minutes before assembling tacos.
- Layer taco ingredients with avocado, sweet potatoes, lentils, spinach, salad and optional sunflower seeds!
This Recipe Is: