Today I am sharing how to make a “Beans, Greens & Grains Bowl”. I eat this meal, or a variation of this meal (using different greens, beans and grains), multiple times a week! You can watch the how-to video and get the recipe below. I hope you give it a try! Comment below and let me know if you do!
Sesame Kale, Black Beans & Grains
- 1 can 15-ounces of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of brown rice cooked
- 5 large kale leaves
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Liquid Aminos
- Cook brown rice on the stovetop first. To make 1 cup of cooked brown rice, combine 3/4 cup water with ¼ cup dry rice in a pot. Bring to a boil on the stovetop then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and let simmer for 45 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all of the water.
- While rice is cooking, drain and rinse black beans.
- Add black beans to a stovetop pot and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- While beans are cooking, wash and devein kale. Then, add water to a stovetop pot and place kale in a veggie steamer over pot of water. Bring water to a boil and let kale steam.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, top with slices of avocado, sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with coconut liquid aminos (a soy-free low sodium soy-sauce alternative).
The Healthy Grocery Find mentioned in today’s episode! Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Liquid Aminos (Soy-Free Soy Sauce Alternative)
This Recipe Is: