Green Tea Mint Ice-Cream
Do you have a sweet tooth, yet are health conscious at the same time? If so, I can relate! I may be a Registered Dietitian, I may love healthy eating, yet I also love to EAT. That means I do not deprive myself, I eat dessert! Dessert and treats can fit into a healthy lifestyle. The key to making desserts that are actually good for you too, (as it is with any recipe) is to select quality, nourishing, real food ingredients. If you can relate and are intrigued, then I have just the dessert for you! In today’s new cooking video I am sharing how to make Green Tea Mint Banana Ice-Cream. This particular dessert is fantastic as a mid-afternoon treat, being that green tea contains caffeine. This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients, so let’s get started!
Green Tea Mint Banana Ice-Cream
- 2 medium bananas peeled and frozen overnight
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint roughly chopped
- 4 teabags of Den's Gemaicha green tea
- 16- ounces of filtered water
- Peel and freeze bananas, ideally overnight however for a minimum of 4 hours
- Add 16-ounces of filtered water into a jar, add in 4 tea bags and let steep in the refrigerator overnight
- Add fresh mint, frozen bananas and a 1/4 of a cup of steeped green tea into a high-speed blender Blend on low for approximately 1 minute until creamy
- Garnish with mint and enjoy!
Enjoy leftover steeped green tea over ice with a slice of fresh lemon!
This recipe makes 2 servings
A Few Health Benefits…
- Green Tea: Hello anti-oxidants
- Bananas: Rich in fiber, potassium and naturally sweet!
- Mint: Great For Digestion
This blog post and video was sponsored by JETRO, an organization promoting Japanese products overseas. The recipe, opinions stated and content ideas are my own.