Lemon Curd, which is used in our Lemon Meringue Tart recipe, is often store-bought for convenience. This year as we celebrate our lemon holidays, we’re sharing how to make a traditional Lemon Curd! This easy and delicious lemon curd recipe can be used in lemon tarts, spread on toast, scones, pancakes, waffles, cookies, between layers of a cake, rolled up in a crepe or for any other lemony dessert!
We’ve shared how to make a vegan lemon curd recipe on the Limoneira YouTube channel in the past here: https://youtu.be/
Lemon CurdPrint Recipe
- ½ cup Limoneira classic lemon juice
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vegan or traditional butter
- ½ cup sugar
- Using a medium saucepan, bring water to a simmer. Add a glass bowl on top of saucepan and add your eggs, egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice.
- Whisk and cook over the simmering water. Make sure you are whisking constantly until mix is thick enough to coat a spatula.
- Turn off the heat, add in butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Strain your mixture through a fine sieve and then cover and store in the fridge until you are ready to use!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!