Apple Cinnamon Orange Pop Tarts
This month you may be looking for recipes for busy school mornings, lunch box ideas and delicious desserts, such as these apple cinnamon orange pop tarts! These pop tarts are much different than store-bought pop tarts because they are made with simple ingredients and even a homemade apple filling!
These pop tarts work great for a quick grab-n-go snack or pastry. They are also the perfect “wow” treat to bring to any family gatherings, birthdays or fall events! We can’t wait for your kitchen to have this amazing apple smell as we bring in fall together!
Health Benefits of Apples
Apples are a great way to consume more prebiotic fiber! Prebiotic fiber is essential for gut health because it’s what your good gut bacteria likes to eat and thrive on. Supporting your gut bacteria leads to the release of short-chain fatty acids into the body, which may help with a variety of things from healing your gut, lowering inflammation and reducing the risk of chronic disease. Apples also contains antioxidants! These plant compounds are incredible at protecting cells from harmful free radicals, which may lead to chronic diseases over time.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these pop tarts, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Apple Cinnamon Orange Pop TartsPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp cassava flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 16 oz puff pastry
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin by juicing the orange and chopping the apple.
- Using a blender, add most of the orange juice (save 2 tablespoons to use for later) and chopped apple. Add cassava flour, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Blend until you have a thick apple sauce consistency.
- Cut the puff pastry into rectangles and brush edges with maple syrup.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of applesauce filling onto pastry.
- Top with a second rectangle and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pop tarts are baking, mix the last 2 tablespoons of orange juice into the powdered sugar to form an icing.
- Once pop tarts have cooled, add the icing and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more quick & healthy fall recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
3 Plant-Based Snacks For Fall
Pumpkin Orange Donuts
Mini Apple Pies
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!