Looking for a flavorful Fall pasta dish? Try this creamy lemon bowtie pasta! Packed with mushrooms, spinach, parmesan (regular or plant-based!), perfectly cooked pasta and the hero ingredient… Limoneira lemons!
This recipe is great for quick weeknight meals because it can be made in under 30 minutes and is extremely filling, especially if you use a bean based pasta, such as lentil pasta. This recipe is so comforting, yet full of healthy ingredients that make me feel great!
Health Benefits of Ingredients
Spinach contains iron, which is important because iron deficiency can result in the body not being able to make hemoglobin, the part of red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to the body. Pairing iron with vitamin C rich foods, such as lemons, helps improve iron absorption!
Mushrooms are a good source of zinc, which is important for wound healing, immunity and crucial for growth in infants and children. Mushrooms can also contain a small amount of vitamin D if they are exposed to UV light!
The antioxidants found in lemons have properties that can protect cells against oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can lead to inflammation, which is a precursor to cardiovascular disease. Lemons also contain vitamin C, which has been shown to aid in decreasing the severity and duration of sickness with having adequate levels in the body.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this pasta, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Creamy Lemon Bowtie PastaPrint Recipe
- 2 Limoneira classic lemons, sliced
- 12 oz bowtie pasta
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded plant-based parmesan
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat cooking oil over medium high heat.
- Add sliced onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and sliced lemon and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the veggie stock, coconut milk and parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Add in the spinach and cooked pasta and stir until spinach wilts.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of parmesan on top and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more quick & healthy pasta recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!