MOTHER’S DAY BEAUTY DIY AND HEALTHY RECIPE IDEA!
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! It’s almost May and we are so excited to celebrate Mother’s Day with all the incredible Moms out there. We hope you spend the day pampering and taking care of yourself or having someone pamper and take care of you!
In this month’s Limoneira video we’re sharing a simple DIY Beauty Recipe that is a great way to pamper mom this Mother’s Day! Plus a quick Mother’s Day Brunch Healthy Recipe!
Whipped Lemon LotionPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira lemon
- 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil optional
- 1/2 cup soft coconut oil
- Cut lemon in half and juice 1/2 of lemon into a large bowl.
- Add in lavender essential oil or your favorite scent into bowl.
- Add in coconut oil and whisk together until you have a fluffy, whipped lotion!
Cucumber Salad with Lemon Poppyseed DressingPrint Recipe
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar of choice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cut cucumber into slices and set aside in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, add olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt and pepper into mason jar.
- Put lid on mason jar and shake to combine dressing.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers and stir to combine.
We are so excited to have Liz Shaw as our collab partner this month!
Elizabeth Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT is a nutrition expert, published author and owner of a nutrition communications consulting business. She is a nationally recognized speaker and freelance writer for Fit Pregnancy, Shape, Oxygen and Fitness Magazine’s. Her passion for spreading the message about the powerful role food and nutrition play in ones life has led her to be featured on Hallmark Channels Home & Family, NBC Los Angeles News, The CW San Diego News, Fox 5 News, What to Expect, The Huffington Post, Food Network, US News & World Report, Dr. Oz The Good Life, Bustle, The Daily Meal and PopSugar. She is co-author of the 2017 Hatherleigh Press, Fertility Foods Cookbook. You’ll find her at ShawSimpleSwaps.com (@shawsimpleswaps) and BumpstoBaby.com (@bumpstobaby), sharing her love for food and travel, along with a friendly smile to support those on their journey to baby. In her free time, you’ll find her and her husband outdoors, hiking and enjoying the San Diego sun!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!