Need a Thanksgiving breakfast idea? How about my Blueberry Cardamom Baked Oatmeal? I hope you enjoy this easy, healthy recipe, originally featured on Inspired Home, plus 4 reasons to never skip breakfast… you may learn something new!
Blueberry Cardamom Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- ½ cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ cup mixed sliced almonds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, baking powder, cardamom and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together non-dairy milk, applesauce, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add both the wet and dry ingredient into your casserole dish and mix together until evenly combined.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, coconut sugar and sliced almonds.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, remove baked oatmeal from the oven and top with washed blueberries and almond sugar mixture.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator covered and enjoy within 5 days!
Choose Organic ingredients when possible!
Disclosure: I have been selected by the International Housewares Association to be a contributor for Inspired Home. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions, recipes, reviews and ideas are my own.