A new Healthy Grocery Girl Cooking Video just posted! Today I’m sharing how to make easy, healthy stuffing for Thanksgiving that is MEAL WORTHY! That’s right for those looking to fill up on more plant-based options this thanksgiving this dish can be your main-course. Just add a little cranberry sauce, salad, sweet potatoes & pumpkin pie and you’ve got yourself one delicious Holiday meal!
Easy Healthy Stuffing
- 6 cups dried bread diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 can 15-ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add coconut oil to a stovetop pot on medium heat
- Add in carrots, onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
- In a casserole dish add bread crumbs, veggie mixture and all other ingredients. You can layer the ingredients or mix all together.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove tin foil and bake for another 10 minutes
The recipe video calls for 1 cup of vegetable broth however 2 cups is really ideal
Also a big thanks to my friend Ashley from MPaper Designs for the adorable “Give Thanks” Banner in today’s video!