It’s summertime! Heading into July means amazing days outside enjoying the sunshine, breeze and some incredible new recipes and DIY outdoor ideas! I’m excited to share with you some natural DIY ways to keep mosquitoes and flies away, so you can really enjoy time in the backyard!
While you are outside, you’ll definitely want to stay refreshed with my favorite Go-To Smoothie and Popsicles recipe! This recipe is packed with fruits, veggies and incredible antioxidants to keep you and the family feeling great all day long! My kids love this smoothie and think it’s so fun to enjoy as a popsicle while playing in the yard.
See below to view or print these DIY ideas and recipes! If you make any of these, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
Lemon Rosemary Mosquito RepellentPrint Recipe
- 3 Limoneira lemon slices
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus oil
- Unscented floating candle
- Mason jar
- In a medium sized mason jar, add lemon slices, rosemary and essential oils.
- Fill jar with water and add floating candle on top.
- Light candle and enjoy outside!
Lemon Clove Fly RepellentPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira lemon
- 10-20 whole cloves
- Slice lemon in half and then cut bottoms so lemon halves sit flat.
- Push cloves into lemon halves and enjoy repellent!
Go-To Smoothie + PopsiclesPrint Recipe
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup cauliflower
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup ice
- Simmer cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- In a large blender, juice orange and then add in the rest of your ingredients including steamed cauliflower.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Want popsicles instead? Once smoothie is blended, pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 6+ hours. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more fun summer recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominantly plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!