It’s Spring! This time of year I love to buy fresh flowers, clean and organize my house and dream of what we’ll eat for Easter brunch! One of my favorite desserts to make on a special ocassion are these Mini gluten-free, vegan cheesecakes! I love that this dessert is also packed with vitamins and minerals thanks to the wholesome, nutrient dense ingredients. I’ve been playing with prunes and prune juice in my recipes due to their versatility, natural sweetness and nutritional profile. For example my Pumpkin Prune Loaf recipe which was such a hit!
For my all things prune by go to is Sunsweet Amaz!n Prunes. They have no added sugar and compared to other dried fruit prunes are lower in naturally occurring sugar and have a low glycemic index of only 29. This means they are digested and absorbed slowly by the body, which helps to sustain energy over a longer period of time compared to foods with a higher glycemic index. One serving of prunes (4-5 prunes) is a great way to get one of your daily servings of fruit.
Prune Juice provides many health benefits and adds so much flavor to recipes! One serving of Sunsweet Amaz!n Prune juice has no added sugar and provides 5 essential vitamins and minerals (potassium, riboflavin, vitamin B6, copper and niacin) to also help balance and maintain your digestive health. You can also add a little prune juice to your favorite morning smoothie recipe for a quick way to add fiber and natural sweet. So if you’re looking for a fun new dessert that is dairy-free, gluten-free and made with wholesome ingredients, check out my recipe for Prune Cheesecake with a Pecan Crust!
Mini Vegan Prune Cheesecakes with Pecan CrustPrint Recipe
- ¾ cup pecans
- ½ cup of gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 cups of dates
“CHEESECAKE” LAYER INGREDIENTS
- 2 ½ cups cashews soaked in water overnight, then drained & rinsed
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup prunes
- ½ cup prune juice
- Whole sliced or diced prunes!
The Day Before
- Add the raw cashews into a large bowl and add water until the cashews are fully submerged, cover and place in the fridge.
- Begin by making the crust; add all crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse for at least 60 seconds, until the mixture becomes sticky enough to easily hold together when squeezed between your fingers. Evenly separate crust mixture into a silicone muffin tin. Press down with your fingers or the bottom of a glass to flatten crust layer.
- Next, add the soaked cashews, coconut milk, juice from one lemon, vanilla extract, prunes, and prune juice into a food processor and pulse for 5-8 minutes, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add the cheesecake filling on top of the crusts spread out evenly, give the pan a few taps on the counter to help the layers settle. Top with whole, sliced or diced prunes. Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours (ideally overnight) then pop the mini ‘cheesecakes’ from the muffin tin and serve or store in the freezer. Let the cheesecakes sit on the counter for 5 minutes after pulling from the freezer, before enjoying.
This post is sponsored by Sunsweet. We only partner with brands we love, use and believe the HGG Community would love to know about!