Breakfast… it’s the most important meal of the day! Although if we’re being real… I’m really quite fond of lunch, dinner, snacks and definitely dessert too! I’m a girl who loves to eat and eat well. If you’re in the market for some new breakfast ideas, I think you’ll enjoy the three I have to share with you today!
Each recipe today incorporates one of my favorite plant proteins, Hemp Hearts also known as hemp seeds! One serving of Hemp Hearts (approximately 30 grams or 3 tablespoons) packs 10 grams of protein and also 10 grams of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Hemp Hearts have a really mild nutty flavor. Their mild flavor makes it incredibly easy to sprinkle and sneak these seeds into and onto your favorite meals and snacks for added protein and all around a boost of nutrition. A big thanks to Manitoba Harvest for partnering with me on this post, I’m a huge fan of Hemp Hearts! Hearts Hearts for everyone!
Vanilla, Honey & Hemp Granola
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- Combine oats, almonds, salt and hemp seeds in a bowl and stir together
- In a small bowl mix together coconut oil, honey & vanilla extract
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix together
- Spread onto a baking sheet and cook for ten minutes
- Stir and cook again for another 10 minutes
- Remove and let cool completely
- Transfer and store in an air-tight container and enjoy within 2 weeks
The recipe I shared with you is the QUICK version. If you want REALLY crunchy or crispy granola spread a thin layer of granola onto your baking sheet (make sure granola doesn't touch). You can also bake your granola at 115 degrees for 5 hours which will help the granola dry out and become very crunchy!
Blueberry Hemp Waffles
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup hemp hearts I use Manitoba Harvest
- Real maple syrup
- Fresh blueberries
- Sprinkle more hemp hearts
- To make your flax egg, mix ground flaxseeds with water and let set for 3 minutes
- Then add the flax eggs into a blender along with your oats, almond milk and ripe banana and blend on high for 30 seconds
- Pour batter into a mixing bowl and fold in blueberries and hemp seeds
- Next, pour batter into waffle maker
- When waffles are ready top with butter (vegan butter substitute, coconut butter, almond butter) more fresh blueberries, a sprinkle of hemp seeds and maple syrup!
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts I used Manitoba Harvest
- 1 teaspoon raw local honey or maple syrup
- Top with slices of fresh strawberries and banana
- Add oats, non-dairy milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds and honey into a medium size bowl and stir together
- Divide into mason jars, top with a lid and store in the refrigerator overnight
- In the morning top with fresh fruit (such as strawberries and bananas) and enjoy!
Enjoy A Discount!
Use promo code “hgg16” for 20% off your entire purchase on the Manitoba Harvest Website
Disclosure: Thank you to Manitoba Harvest for sponsoring this post! Healthy Grocery Girl is an Ambassador for Manitoba Harvest. Sponsorships help support this website and content creation.