Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. Today I’m sharing how to make the most delicious and easy mac n’ cheese that is also gluten-free and vegan! During my pregnancy I’ve been craving comfort foods like mac n ‘ cheese however traditional mac n ‘ cheese calls for cheese which is dairy. Personally I don’t eat dairy for a number of reasons including that is causes me digestive distress. So my husband Aaron and I came up with these recipe for an easy homemade recipe that hits the spot!
For more tasty recipe videos make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Grocery Girl YouTube Channel!
Gluten-Free Vegan Mac N' CheesePrint Recipe
- 3-4 servings of favorite gluten-free elbow pasta
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Add the butternut squash to a steamer basket over boiling water and steam for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add the steamed butternut squash to a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, toss with “cheese” sauce and enjoy!
Depending on your prefered consistency you may want to add a touch of water or unflavored/unsweetened non-dairy milk. Especially if you roast the squash because roasting removes moisture.