CREAMY 3 POTATO SALAD
Blog | Dairy-Free | Gluten-Free | Main Course | Salads | Sides
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! It’s Aaron, Megan’s husband and biz partner at Healthy Grocery Girl. We both love to create recipes and spend time in the kitchen. So today I’m taking over our blog and YouTube Channel to share with you how to make a Creamy 3 Potato Salad! It’s super simple to make and great for upcoming Fourth of July parties. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Creamy 3 Potato SaladPrint Recipe
- 5 Baby Red Potatoes
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 Shallot diced
- 3/4 Cup Raw Cashews soaked overnight
- 1/4 Cup Stone Ground Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Full Fat Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Filtered Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Diced Dill Pickles
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- Add the 3/4 cup cashews to a bowl and fill with filtered water, let soak overnight.
- Use a peeler and remove any spots or eyes from the potatoes, then give them a good scrub and rinse.
- Next chop the potatoes into pieces about 1/2 inch thick, try to make them all the same size, that way they will cook evenly.
- Add the potatoes to a pan and fill with room temperature filtered water and a pinch of salt, bring to a boil and then lower the temp to medium/low to keep a soft boil going. It should take anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes for them to cook depending on the size of the potatoes and how large a pan you use, watch and test with a fork often after the 8 minute mark.
- Dice the red pepper and shallot. You are welcome to use any crunchy veggies that you prefer.
- To make the sauce, drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Then add to a blender with the mustard, coconut milk, pepper, salt and water. Blend until smooth. Add to a large bowl mixing and mix in the garlic, diced dill pickles, fresh dill, diced red pepper and shallot. Stir everything together.
- Drain the potatoes and mix into the large mixing bowl, top with a little more fresh dill, and that’s it!