MAPLE SYRUP FROM CANADA…
I have been a fan of maple syrup as a more nutritious sweetener for years and years. I love the rich flavor and the boost of nutrients in my recipes over white granulated sugar. However, when shopping for maple, not all syrups are created equal!
Today I’m sharing 5 interesting facts about maple syrup from Canada you need to know along with a really delicious and simple recipe for apple, maple pecan sheet pan pancakes!
A big thanks to Maple from Canada for sponsoring today’s video and now let’s get to our facts and recipe!
THE SWEET FACTS…
Below are 5 interesting facts about maple syrup from Canada that you need to know!
Not all maple syrups are created equal! Mass produced syrups can contain a variety of sugars, artificial flavors and corn syrups. Real maple syrup is made from only one ingredient – 100% pure maple. If you see more than one ingredient on the ingredient list – it’s not real maple.
Mass produced syrups are made from a combination of sweeteners from a variety of sources. Real maple syrup is made from one source – mother nature! Sap naturally accumulates in maple trees, which are tapped each spring during harvest. The sap collected is boiled into maple syrup! One ingredient from one source.
Real maple syrup has a robust, rich flavor. You can taste the difference between a conventional syrup and the real deal.
Quality Maple Comes From Quebec!
Did you know that 72 percent of maple syrup production worldwide is produced in Quebec, Canada? The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers (QMSP) was founded in 1966 to help protect the integrity of maple production and help promote the benefits of real maple syrup.
Maple Has A Bonus of Nutrients
Unlike other sweeteners on the market, maple syrup contains a bonus of vitamins and minerals! Maple syrup is an excellent source of manganese and a good source of riboflavin. It also has calcium, thiamin, potassium and copper. In addition, scientists have also discovered more than 67 different plant compounds or polyphenols, nine of which are unique to pure maple syrup. Maple is a versatile syrup and great in a variety of dishes from sweet to savory.
SHEET PAN PANCAKES!
We love to make pancakes on the weekend and this recipe for Apple, Maple Pecan Sheet Pan Pancakes is so easy to make, delicious and a great way to enjoy maple syrup!
Apple Maple Pecan Sheet Pan PancakesPrint Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 apple
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A drizzle of additional pure maple syrup from Canada on top of pancakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, add all pancake ingredients (except the coconut oil) into a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Then add one tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil to a baking sheet. Pour batter onto baking sheet, add thin slices of apple on top and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes. While the pancake bakes, it’s time to make the maple pecans! In a non-stick saute pan on medium low, add maple syrup and pecans and stir often for 3-5 minutes. When pancakes have finished baking, top with maple pecans and serve! I love to add an additional drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Thank you to Pure Maple From Canada for sponsoring today’s post and video!